Change DNS on TP link EX230V

I dont understand Lee. Your ipconfig command is showing the right DNS servers, mine is showing the router as the DNS server. How can I confirm that whatever I set is actually being used?

I dont see how a reset will solve this, the settings screen is the settings screen it won’t change.

Mine shows the correct DNS servers as I’m setting it under LAN > DHCP Server, this then gets handed out to my clients.

Your client is set to use your router, your router is then using Quad 9s for it’s DNS lookups. It’s essentially the same thing as what I have just set, but you have another ‘hop’ as your PC is going to your router first.
As you mentioned up the thread when you try save DNS settings under LAN > DHCP Settings, settings are not saving, if you could save the settings, you would see the same as I have in my screenshot.

Your setup at a very high level:

You type in www.google.com into your browser, your PC goes to your router to ask what the IP of www.google.com is so your browser can load the page, your router then goes to Quad 9s and asks whats the IP of www.google.com gathers the IP and then gives it back to your PC.

My Setup at a high level:

I type in www.google.com in my browser, my PC goes straight to Quad 9s to ask "hey whats the IP of www.google.com "

You mentioned way up the thread DNS settings are not saving under LAN > DHCP Server, the next port of call to try and resolve it and set DNS settings under LAN > DHCP settings is to factory reset, if that doesn’t work @Yayzi_Team may be able to push a firmware upgrade to you.

Hope that makes sense.

Ok i think I see what youre saying.

When I said it wasn’t saving, what I was expecting was for the new DNS servers to save in the router so that the router would show quad 9 as it’s DNS. This didn’t work, and I had to make a change somewhere else (under modify/advanced) to change the DNS shown in the router itself.

You’re saying I ALSO need to change it in the LAN settings section to get the PC to see it?

God almighty why does it need to be changed in two places…

You mentioned two options, my setup and your setup - which is better?

Ok i changed it in LAN settings and then saved, and used the renew command on PC.

I now see this:
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : fe80::9a25:4aff:fe42:88a1%18

What is the IP6 address? Do I need to change the IPv6 DNS as well?

I leave IPv6 unticked in my network interface card in Windows. I find it causes more issues than needed, but each to their own. Thats why you see IPv6 DNS in your output and I don’t