How is everyone feeling about Yayzi?

Yayzi are a small business that seem to me to be absolutely smashing it in the market! They seem to be the best ISP on CF to me. Yes they have issues, but who doesn’t?

They seem to be very reactive to issues when they arise and for me the most important is UK support? How do I know it’s the UK? Because they take a while to respond, this is not a bad thing! I’d rather wait a few hours and be listened to, than running around the houses with someone in India or the Philippines that can’t understand what you have/haven’t done and run you through the same script every time

I am officially joining today (waiting for the CF engineer), I am absolutely stoked to be joining from Virgin Media who had the nerve to charge £6 extra a month for Symmetrical on XGS-PON (nexfibre), why? Because they can, not because they need the extra money

Comparing it to the joke “full fibre” that is Openreach…. Yes 900 down, but 110 up, who are you kidding with that?

2 Likes

There is definitely some creases that need to be ironed out (the WhatsApp being one of them) but from what I’m seeing they seem to be on top of their game. Just need the little things sorted out. I’m not on city fibre yet as well they won’t pull their bloody finger out (CF not Yayzi)

2 Likes

So this 'ere outage I had last night. This morning I’ve noticed on a private local FB group that a number of people in our estate on other CF providers have experienced the same outage but not got any updates from their provider at all. Vodafone not even being aware of an outage, Giganet just saying ‘Partner Major Outage’, others a mix of both. However I reported it here and got an update within 15 mins or so which explained exactly what the problem was, and an estimated time to fix.

This epitomises what Yayzi means to me (currently). An outfit that cares about the users, and is willing to engage and not treat everyone as idiots. Sure I don’t work in networks, but I’ve been a developer and in IT for 30+ years and know enough to understand the majority of what goes on. But despite this, not once have I felt like they talk down to me and makes a big difference to my perception of them as a company.

2 Likes

I have had my CF install done, but not live yet because there was a blockage between my house and the cabinet, can’t be helped. The CF team did a fantastic job and it was very clean and tidy

100% happy with the install

1 Like

Nice little NAS there I see! What port is installed on this ONT I think I saw something about them being 10G but not enabled at that speed yet

1 Like

I’m not sure what speed the part of the ONT is, but I heard 10 gig. I didn’t ask to be fair. It will be at least 2.5 gig

That’s my back up, NAS, I usually have a bigger there, but I took it out to minimise the dust while they did the install

They did Strangely, offer to remove the Virgin Media service, But as I’m still in contract with them, I told them not to. I’m glad that they didn’t because I would’ve be left without Internet because they couldn’t complete the connection today, but it will hopefully be completed next week

1 Like

Just took mine off the wall to have a look and its the GP1000G model, so port is 2.5Gbps.

There are other models that have 10G though.

2 Likes

Thanks for the information!

1 Like

Realistically, for home internet, it doesn’t really need to be any better than 2.5G

It’ll be a while before we get 10G fibre to the home, if it’s even needed

One day! Think for the future!

2 Likes

CityFibre is like Cable was in the 90’s, it’s going to take a while to settle down and sort out. I’m not really sure you can say Yayzi the best, I don’t want to diminish what’s being done or the effort that’s being put in, but it’s been rough. Things have not been as reliable as they ideally should have been and issues have taken longer than hoped to be resolved, and I think it’s important to acknowledge that. On the up-side it’s still very early days and lessons seemingly have been learnt with each event and the open and honest approach is a major strength.

1 Like

I do agree there has been issues with the IP Addressing, but for such a small ISP, they’re handling things great in my opinion.

Each one step at a time.

I had an issue with my install today which meant I could not go live, that was no issue for Yayzi (they put a stop on charges until the blockage is clear and I am connected)

It’s not necessarily about the speed of resolutions, it is about how issues are handled when they arise.

2 Likes

Totally agree with that. Its a learning situation for everyone.

It can only get better.

1 Like

I’m really impressed with them, was a little nervous at switching at first, but turns out it was totally unfounded. Communication was excellent, apart from the whats App,and aside from a wobble one evening it has been 100% since turn on… :+1:

1 Like

3rd time was lucky! Up and running today!!

On a 79.x address too!

You can tell when everyone goes online, love it!

It’s like the national grid when everyone decides it’s cuppa time

1 Like

@L0rdVerga is there an importance to a 79,X address then?

1 Like

I don’t think so, it is just what I was given and it doesn’t appear to have GEO-IP issues

1 Like

Talking of installs, just been reading an article, photo attached, handy if you don’t have any power points close by. They have taken the power from POE

2 Likes

Reverse POE? Pretty sweet

1 Like