How long should a new connection take to go live?

Hey everyone. I got my fibre installed today and connected my new Cloud Gateway Ultra… But it can’t see the internet :person_shrugging:
I’ve set the plan etc but no joy.

I also tried the tp-link EX230v that was posted to me on the assumption that I’d “Jeffed up a setting” somewhere, but it’s not connecting either.
The tp-link shows an IP address in the 149.18.87.xx range, but no internet connection.

Is it just a case of having to wait for Citi Fibre’s servers to propagate the new connection, or has something not been done correctly?

Any help would be great as it’s been nearly 12 hours now :person_shrugging:

Cheers

Welcome to the community @WookieBoy

In the cloud key settings, did you enable the VLAN 911?

it should be live straight away

Here’s an example of the settings to use:

It should get a WAN IPV4 address

I’d email Yayzi, they may have to do something their end - [email protected]

They did with me, when I mailed them I got a reply quickly to say they’re on it, had a minor issue that they sorted quickly and I was live.

1 Like

@L0rdVerga yeah, it’s set to 911… But still thinks there’s no internet. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Thanks @CraigT1976 .

I’ve emailed them, hopefully they will get back to me soon… :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

All lights green on your ONT?

If the UCG seeing the IP address too or just the Yayzi router?

If you’re seeing a 149.X address then it’s connecting to our network :slightly_smiling_face: drop us an email to [email protected] and we’ll take a look for you

1 Like

It was, but after a lot of back and forth with the yayzi support team, I’m not sure now what’s going on :person_facepalming:

They were asking questions and making me try different things up until around 6pm yesterday then it all went quiet… I assume because everyone went home :person_shrugging:

Still waiting for a connection to the internet… My kids are going mad because they can’t get onto their Minecraft servers and I’m absolutely smashing my LTE allowance to keep them entertained and get some work done :grimacing::grimacing:

Apparently, it’s something with city fibre, but CF aren’t responding to Yayzi update requests… Or something :confused:

Either way, day 3 with Yayzi begins with me still not having an internet connection…

Not best pleased so far :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Was in communication with the team most of yesterday upto around 6pm, but still no joy🤷

1 Like

Unfortunately if it’s a CF issue I can’t see anything being done until Monday.

1 Like

So an update… Sort of.

After a week of Yayzi saying it was weird and a cityfibre problem and cityfibre would fix it etc etc etc I STILL don’t have a working internet connection and have no idea if im ever going to get one from Yayzi. :rage:

Although the yayzi guys seem very nice, this just isn’t a level of service I’m willing to pay for.

Anyone got a good recommendation for another supplier that can actually supply a working internet connection? :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Your service light is off, we’ve called, emailed CityFibre 2-3 times a day - We’re actually just on the phone to them now again.

It’s ridiculous that we’re still waiting for them to activate your service, but we’re continually chasing.

1 Like

I can assure you, you won’t be paying anything for something you’re not getting, If they have charged you, you’ll be refunded.

I didn’t have service for 3 weeks after signing up, Yayzi put a hold on any billing until I actually went live