New Connection - Issues & Feedback

Morning - Connection went live yesterday and is working ok

Some feedback on the process - I was expecting a bit of a nightmare to be honest as the service was migrating from another CityFibre provider but a couple of hours of downtime and everything was sorted.

I did request a static IP via email when I ordered however this doesn’t appear to have been tagged to my order. Would be nice if this could be requested via the portal (or at ordering stage) - would cut down on the requirement for us to contact support

Line profile issues - seems to be a fairly common issue looking at reddit/forums here - going live with the profile set to 500Mbps rather than 900Mbps - guess this is a hang over from when you offered lower tier speeds?

When the lads from Cityfibre arrived - they did state for most ISP’s they have a contact number to call to ask the ISP to activate the line - means they don’t leave until the internet is up and running - for instance Openreach always ensure line is active and a speed test is completed prior to leaving.

Everything else looks as it should be - Coming from a ISP at almost twice the cost latency and such is basiclly the same so might have a customer for a while :slight_smile:

I’ve just joined this month also, I must say the service has been so much better than my previous provider(VM).

I’ve noticed that I don’t get the advertised speed, 500 up and down, I spent the last 3 days swapping my equipment out, trying different setups, even plugging in just a pc directly to the ONT box still get the sames speed max I get was around 550meg both ways.

@Yayzi_Team is this something you guys can look into? I thought it was just me but now I know it’s not.

Otherwise great service :+1:

Chris.

1 Like

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the nice feedback, have a reboot of your equipment and give it another go. You should be all sorted!

Thanks,
Yayzi Support Team

Hey!

All done :slight_smile: give your equipment a reboot.

Thanks,
Yayzi Support Team

1 Like

Thanks @Yayzi_Team,

Again awesome service, and I can confirm gettings speeds around 900Mbps

Thanks.

Chris

@Yayzi_Team Was this sorted on my line as well? Same with the static IP request

Hey!

Your line has been done, static IP to follow shortly for you.

Thanks,
Yayzi Customer Support

@Yayzi_Team Sorry to keep asking but is there any update on being provided a static IP?

I’m happy to accept the additional costs etc

Hey,

You’re all good to go, give your router a reboot and you should now have a static IP, and apologies for the delay.

Thanks,
Yayzi Support Team

1 Like

That’s worked perfectly. Good stuff :+1:

I suggest you start a new thread rather than tagging this onto the end of someone elses thread as it’s highly likely to get missed.