Speed Increase 900 >1200 Down, how to get a new ONT?

Well, that’s 10Gb capable at least, you should be able to bypass the ONT entirely if needed, with an SPF+ adapter

New NIC’s lead to new firewall hardware, new firewall hardware leads to new core switches, new core switches lead to 10Gb NIC upgrades for servers and extra fibre drops, fibre leads to new floor break out switches and somewhere along that path you just say :duck: it and throw in new AP’s and camera’s because at that point you’ve stopped bothering to add up costs and it’s just a number. Or at least that’s what I would probably say if I wasn’t in denial :sob:

Yep got a full UniFi camera setup as well lol. Alta labs for the APs mind you

1 Like

Yeah but sometimes you need to Mac clone and serial clone. So sometimes you need an SFP that has openWRT on lol

1 Like

Jeez, I thought I was spending enough just upping switches and NICs to 10Gb!! 100Gb?! That’s where you start needing to go all NVME storage as well to make the most of it! Luckily, I do have a modicum of restraint…

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t have any control :joy: NVMe Kioxoa ftw :joy: fibre to every room! Tbh only my main desktop has the 100Gb nic but it’s running windows so legit makes no difference aha. The servers are rocking 100Gb but tbh I went overkill because my old place had huge discount at places lol

Bargin Hardware FTW

Ain’t that the eBay store for 2nd hand like servers?

1 Like

Also active on STH iirc.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update.