Speed issues since transit provider issue

My broadband speed is now nothing like it was before the transit provider issue and falls well short of the guaranteed upstream and downstream speed. What is going to be done to correct this.

1 Like

Fair to say that I’m in the same boat. Happy to wait a bit and see what the resolution is however.

It does need to be looked into in due course.

Yeah, mine’s the same as it was yesterday with a crazy 1Gb difference between fastest and slowest measured download speeds!

Cheers.
Keeop

Post screenshots for me guys if you can and we’ll get straight on it - assuming wired and not wireless results as well

I’ve literally just run a few in the last 5 or 6 minutes. The swings in this period aren’t as big as they have been but still a big difference that you can see. No changes in my client activity during this period:

Don’t get me wrong, the speeds are still good but just not consistent.

Cheers.
Keeop

Thanks for that! When testing can keep to the same server for me. Just rules out any issues with the test server

Defo wired and PC connected direct to your router.

Sorry, didn’t notice it had changed - not a great test then!

Here we go then - same test server and pretty much got that 1Gb difference:

Hopefully this helps you get to the bottom of it all.

Cheers.
Keeop

ps for context, run on a machine with 10Gb NIC to 10Gb switch to 10Gb port on UDM SE.

I was getting around 1gb on both before issue.

Although my latency seems very good, I am noticing lag from gaming.

Yeah i have same issue with lag its crazy with up ro 17k ping. But the biggest drop is in download speeds with it averaging at around 300mb when it was 1400+ thats wireless speeds.

Screenshots please guys, it helps and names of any services that you’re having trouble with. We’ll get on them

50 quid a month for only 1.7gb?

How can swapping ip ranges result in 200mb less in download speed??

1 Like

Use https://proof.ovh.net for your speed tests, its a 10gb link server side so rules out test server issues.

We’ve actually tested a lot of different speedtest servers and 20i always seems to cap out at 1.7Gbps.

Can you try community fibre?

I’d say give proof.ovh.net a try for checking speeds as it uses iperf/nperf which is a little more reliable