IPv6 plans and details

I just wondered what your IPv6 plans are?
On previous providers I’ve been given a /48 to give 65536 /64 subnets. I’ve not used them all :slight_smile:

Coming soon is what I’ve been told!

1 Like

When I signed up 7 weeks ago I was told IPv6 would be available in a few weeks. Its been seven weeks now. Any news when IPv6 is going to be available?

@Yayzi_Team

Any news on IPV6…Is this still in TESTING or is there now a ETA on when this will be released?

Thanks

Does this total silence mean you have given up on offering IPv6?

A lot of people want this as a means to overcome the limitations of CGNAT.

Hey,

Still in testing, we’re looking to release in the next 2-4 weeks.

Thanks,
Yayzi Support Team

2 Likes

@Yayzi_Team

Good to hear there is progress on this. It would be really good, if Yayzi Team could put a FAQ up, IPv6 plans.

Whats being proposed, being tested and what settings will be needed for those using their own routers.

Would help with new customer queries, especially for those where CGNAT is an issue; useful for customers who are all ready live to know what is coming ahead.

Are you planning a BETA test with real customers before you go live?

Thanks

“Still in testing, we’re looking to release in the next 2-4 weeks. Thanks, Yayzi Support Team”

This was said 3 weeks ago. Are we to assume IPv6 is coming in the next week?

Hi Anthony,

We are in final testing, so we will be looking to release imminently.

Thanks,
Yayzi Support Team

1 Like

@Yayzi_Team

Any update on how the testing of IPv6 is going?

Do you have an date on when this is being moved to production?

Thanks

1 Like

Just going to say this, it would be a really nice Christmas gift / Christmas gesture if Yayzi can get IPv6 out before Christmas. Even if it is Christmas Eve.

It would be a nice way to get goodwill from your customers.

I highly doubt any business wants to implement changes over the Xmas holidays.

They really should and have it be an opt in thing within the router you manually turn on.

I signed up with them in August. At the time they said IPv6 was two to three weeks away. That was why I signed up with them. That was over 4 months ago. They really need to get this out with no more excuses

1 Like

Hi Anthony,

We’re actually getting rid of CGNAT, so you’ll end up with an IPv4 as default and then IPv6 alongside. We are looking to do this fairly soon (work has already started to move everyone over) - I very much doubt we’ll do the IPv6 over Christmas, but we will be looking to get rid of CGNAT before Christmas.

Thanks,
Liam

3 Likes

That is perfect, and brilliant to hear. That was definitely a great Christmas cheer type gesture on Yayzi’s part I was hoping for above.

@Yayzi_Team

:partying_face: Happy New :fireworks:

when is the IPv6 launch party?

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and all the best for 2024. :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Is there any further update on this? I appreciate these things take time so just looking for high level “It’s still happening, but it’s looking like at least another 2 months” or “We’ve deprioritised this - don’t expect it any time soon” or “It’s just days away, honest!” etc.

Fair comment. I’d like to know too.

Any news of IPv6 rollout? I guess with the recent new product lauch and line regrades @Yayzi_Team have a lot going on.

Would be good if we had some indictaion or whats happening with the IPv6 rollout?

2 Likes

Hey guys!

So testing on IPv6 is complete and we are going to be rolling this out over the next 14 days - we’ve been very busy with the MultiGig demand! :smiley:

Thanks,
Liam

4 Likes