Wait time for Static IP allocation?

Hi,

I’ve been with Yayzi for three weeks and still haven’t been allocated a static IP address.
How long must one wait for the static IP to be allocated?
Does anyone know? Maybe the Yayzi support team can help?

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi @Yayzi_Team,

Just noticed that I’ve had yet another IP reallocation, so despite mentioning this a couple of times I’m obviously still not on a static IP and I’m having to go and update all my work firewalls… Can this be looked at please, with some reassurance that this will sorted?

2 Likes

We’re assigning more over night :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Does this include making 185’s static yet or not?

1 Like

I’m hoping so as I’m on the 185.210.x.x range

@mikekilley, I hope so too. It’ll make life so much easier if we could stay on that range but static.
I can confirm that nothing happened overnight.
I’m still on a dynamically allocated IP.
@Yayzi_Team, how many more “overnights” do we have to wait for?

Cheers!

How do you know you’re on a dynamic IP? There’s nothing to indicate either way other than what Yayzi assure us.

@mikekilley I’m no expert. So, what I’m saying here might be incorrect.
So, my IP address this morning was the same as yesterday. I then rebooted my router, and I was assigned a new IP address. I think it’s safe to assume that the IP was dynamically allocated from a pool of addresses.
Cheers!

1 Like

Yeah, that’s a good enough proof for me… lol! From my POV it’s waiting on confirmation from @Yayzi_Team that these static IPs are in place, otherwise I’m going to have to set up a script to inform me of any IP changes.

I confess I laughed when I saw someone using a ddns service on a static IP service, but honestly, at this stage it’s about the best option. I appreciate a lot has been done network wise in a short time, and some of it in less than ideal circumstances, and I honestly feel for Liam and co. putting in the hours, but at this point i’ve gone back to treating my IP as dynamic. Once its sorted and proven stable, I can easily change things my end

2 Likes

Sorry guys, a lot off stuff happening in the background - to make a few processes easier. So these are in progress, we’ve been cleaning a lot of new ranges, any available to test for us?

1 Like

Thanks for the update and the hard work @Yayzi_Team.
And yes, at this stage, I think I’ll follow @Avalon’s suggestion until this is properly sorted out.
Hopefully soon.

2 Likes

@Avalon another IP re-allocation today, so I’m looking at dyn dns providers again until @Yayzi_Team get static IP sorted out… I used to use DynDNS a few years ago but they got pricey. Who are the recommended ones these days?

No need to pay, I use duckdns and noip.com (both free), but iirc the tplink routers have inbuilt (free) options and work with a number of providers.

1 Like

Likewise noip seems to work ok and I didnt have any issues with,

1 Like

Tempting fate here, but I have rebooted and had a drop in service today, and still have the same static IP. Could this be static’s working as intended? Time will tell.

2 Likes

Is this an April 1st thing? :grin:

I got a new IP after last nights outage so must be an April fools thing :laughing:

Same here, my IP has changed every time the router is rebooted. I have been told numerous times it was assigned or reserved now.
@Yayzi_Liam can this be sorted please. I have also logged a ticket via email.

My router is only set to reboot once a week, however I’ve had a new IP address 3 or 4 times in the last week.Having to update work firewalls (again) this morning. Starting to get really fed up of this.