Getting half the actual speed

@Yayzi_Team could you look into this please as currently only getting 600mbps over WiFi wired is the same when before it was over 1gb also I still haven’t been swapped to a UK IP

1 Like

Taking a look :slight_smile:

Thanks

Huh… Since when was Yayzi, BT? no VPN running

Just checked on WhatsmyIP, it’s not changed, how weird

To edit this, I am thick - i have my iPhone plugged in to my PC, which I don’t usually and it’s using the hotspot (but the speed from the LAN)

3 Likes

Any update ? Thanks @Yayzi_Team

We’re seeing a 936 down and 941 up to your router, can you run some more speedtest for me and just post them here?

1 Like

Can do any luck in swapping me to a different IP range ? Please 185 range would be great @Yayzi_Team

Rebooted phone and router and it seems to be sorted did change the channels for 2.4 and 5ghz and it seemed to sort it

Thanks

2 Likes

I really must upgrade my wifi access points to at least 6E or 7 at some point, seeing that speed over wifi would be brill, even if there is no point to it

Just using the supplied router and an extender router via easy mesh nothing fancy

1 Like

Thinking of these as they’ll be a direct replacement for the AC AP Pro’s

Access Point U7 Pro - Ubiquiti Store United Kingdom

Thinking of getting a 2.5g switch too

1 Like

If your going to spend some cash go for the Access Point U7 Pro Max - Ubiquiti Store
2.5GB uplink will be helpful :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is the regular U7 not 2.5gb link? says it is on the page I linked

The only thing the promax has is 2 extra streams and that dedicated RF radio, which I don’t think is worth the extra, considering I need a 2.5gbe poe switch too

Forget that, strange it’s went to the pro max the first time, second time it didn’t

1 Like

Main thing you paying extra for as you say 8 vs 6 stream on the Pro max. Both have 2.5Gbps ports.

The other main difference is MIMO on 5Ghz U7Pro is 2x2 4.3 Gbps (BW240) vs U7ProMax 4x4 8.6 Gbps (BW240)

Plus the pro max has fancy “dedicated spectral scanning engine for interference-free WiFi in demanding, large-scale environments”

For home use the 7Pro should be more than adequate.

I have one U6Pro - Works fine, all devices are 1x1 (Wifi4) 2x2(Wifi 6)

I would save the money on the Pro max and add funds for a 2.5GB POE switch.

2 Likes

And if your phone, laptops are capable of the those spacial streams, always handy if not as things are always moving forward in IT :grin:

1 Like

I think only my phone is wifi 6 capable (iPhone 15 Pro Max) all my other stuff is too old :smiley:

Point taken, I am running off 2 AC AP Pro’s (wifi 5) at the moment and I seem to be fine, 1 in the master bed room and one in the loft above the living room (could celling mount it, but honestly, it’s performing fine in the loft, if a little bit hampered in performance)

1 Like

Hi any update on getting moved up ranges as still showing as the us

I can vouch for WiFi 7 speeds, it’s honestly beautiful.

1 Like