IP Geolocation Issues (Please Read)

Capchas are just a way to increase security of a website so the website might have added it nothing necessarily to do with you connecting to it

1 Like

Fully agree with this, however some services get hit with robots from DCH ip’s and increase security. I’ve heard also BBC have previously banned DCH IP’s albeit its not an issue currently. I do think it should also be tagged correctly. This is a residential service rather than DCH.

1 Like

Channel 4 aren’t interested in helping, blaming the ISP despite the Chanel 4 app working for weeks on the 149.x.x.x range :sweat_smile:

Just wanted them to allowlist a single IP; no dice! (I’ve left the name out, it’s probably a policy thing and not the rep’s fault)

Likewise mine says

“Channel 4 isn’t available in your current location”

What the bedroom??? :grin: Jeezzzz!!

It’s been 9 days now since the database owner told you it would be done last week and it’s still not working. Do you have any update?

1 Like
1 Like

2nd now and still geolocked.

Channel 4 aren’t listening

Looks like IP2Location has updated now, still seeing issues with Channel 4 as seen by @Lynchnigel

Can you access from a web browser?

Wooooo

1 Like

@Yayzi_Team
It does appear so, I’m out on a slow mobile connection, using a VPN back home, it’s starting so I would say yes.

However the British gas web site appears to be the same (not accessible)

Yezzz channel 4 of all the shows to select to play I selected Hollyoaks oh my is that still really still going? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Yeah, they keep popular shows going, like iTV have “Love Island” the totally not scripted “realiy show”

Simpsons should have died after Season 15, but they’re still here, Until Nancy Cartwright’s voice gives out fully, which diesn’t sound too far off, poor lass

Still wrong on the https://ipbase.com/ IP Geolocation API
ipBase

IPBase are still the ones we’re waiting to be updated, they’ve accepted the geofeed we’ve provided :slight_smile:

When you look at some of the speed still about it’s not the only ones that should have died. Starsky and hutch?

I suppose laurel and hardy is lurking on a channel somewhere, probably on Sky’s new expensive channels :grin:

1 Like

Sky is just not worth the money full stop, imo

Sky’s maybe if you watch a lot of TV

It could be that they check other sources like Ip2location. Since that has now updated it could be done tomoz. They update daily

2 Likes

Channel 4 app still not working for me.

All down to how quickly the supplier (Geoguard) updates and when the Website (C4) site updates thier own DBs.

1 Like

Use the channel 4 web site instead of the app that works