IP Geolocation Issues (Please Read)

TBF most of that looks like analytics for the site so should not really cause any issues even if using adblockers.

Via my own testing using private internet access (VPN) any server that gives a UK IP address and British Gas fails to load but any server such as France Spain etc all work fine.

I wonder if British gas are blocking VPN and possibly the 149 range has been accidentally blocked?

Itā€™s possible, I use Surfshark and have just tried it using MS Edge

British Gas wonā€™t load for me either. Other websites that have caused issues (Utility Warehouse, National Lottery) work ok.

So this is interesting.
My IP 154.60.x.x was fixed around 3 weeks so UK based geo-locked pages started working (Thanks Yayzi), however Iā€™m starting to notice that some webpages - Twitch for example are now showing that Iā€™m now based in the USA.
On checking whatismyIP.com = UK Based :slight_smile:
On checking ifconfig.co = USA based :frowning:
On checking 2ip.io/ = USA based :frowning:
Wondering if another change has forced it back or some data feed is still wrong

Please ignore ifconfig as that site does not have an up to date database. Use maxmind instead as thatā€™s the actual DB behind it.

1 Like

OK, however that doesnā€™t fix the problem that Twitch has gone from showing me as being in the UK to now being in the USA.

can you tell me what the IP is? remove the last octave if possible.

1 Like

154.60.95.xxx

1 Like

only database my ip shows wrong is https://www.ipligence.com

1 Like

Aliexpress always defaults me to USA until I login. Iā€™d never thought about it but i guess itā€™s due to the geo location issue.

1 Like

Been with Yayzi for almost a month now and so far I havenā€™t had many issues with Geolocation. However, I recently noticed 2 things:

• Google thinks Iā€™m in Austria - Iā€™ve already submitted a report to them to see if they can change it. This seems to be a recent change - originally was correct.
  • ipligence - which someone posted further up - thinks Iā€™m in Italy. And Iā€™ve had at least one site think so too, but it wasnā€™t geoblocking so no real issue. None of the usual suspects have caused any problems so far.

Neither of these is causing me any issues, so sharing more for information.

First 3 octets of IP are 79.135.100.xxx

Thanks!

I have noticed that too, however it doesnā€™t seem to be having any issues with the catch-up programs

Still all over the show with most of the IP Geo databases.

154.60.95.X

Weā€™ve got a published geofeed now which providers should start using, makes things a lot easier to clean up.

We have another 1k IPs in cleaning currently.

1 Like

BBC Iplayer & more is no longer accessible for us, on both Smart TV & Laptop, this happened just earlier today. Saying iā€™m ā€œoutside of the UKā€ this has been a problem for us attempting to use the Channel 4 App since we switched to Yayzi and itā€™s now getting worse!

Iā€™ve seen this has been a topic of discussion for months so why is it getting worse? Really annoying for our first month with no sign of improvementā€¦

What WAN network subnet are you on?

Drop [email protected] an email. They should be able to help.

1 Like

Weā€™ve just reached out to BBC to get this resolved.

Luckily theyā€™re quick at sorting!

1 Like

Merged with existing topic

And just yesterday BBC has started serving the International website to me with no Iplayer ā€¦ 149.18.87.* ā€¦ for godā€™s sake will this never be resolved ?

We have a published geofeed that databases are supposed to be using now.

Itā€™s like a never ending cycle, weā€™ve asked them to ignore any other requests, or geofeed that isnā€™t originating from a Yayzi domain.