Packet loss and generally crap connection tonight

Hi im suffering similar problems the speed has dropped today using wifi it was okay when it was installed i should have a static i.p

Really, really bad tonight. I would have to concur with others in that it is actually getting worse. I’m now worried that this port upgrade may be too little, too late as I know a further upgrade is planned but sometime in the future……

It seems to be that the more people come on stream, the worse it is getting so do we still think that this current port upgrade will save us? Gaming a write-off tonight. Not good.

Cheers.
Keeop

The port upgrade will absolutely resolve this, that I can assure you :slightly_smiling_face:

Further upgrades are planned but that’s always part of the roadmap anyway

2 Likes

Yes it does always seem between 18:00-21:00 for me that it goes weird and have two unhappy kids.

2 Likes

We get our tv over the internet. I would pay extra for a feature that restricts performance whenever Love Island comes on.

I would recommend to ddos yourself :grin:

2 Likes

Luckily for you, at the minute you can get restricted performance for free.

1 Like

For anyone interested in evidence of this.

• Monitoring from my Yayzi service to the first hop out of the subnet my IP is in, shows the loss at peak time - so we’re not dealing with any of Yayzi’s transit.

• If you poll the same IP from an external reference, there’s no latency/loss observed.

(Sorry for the combined image, new users can only embed one item per post)

So, seems pretty evident the issue is with the connectivity to CF as Yayzi say. That, or some interface between where they peer with CF and the router at 149.18.87.1.

Looking forward to the port capacity increase! Have a good weekend everyone.

2 Likes

This is getting really bad. Over ethernet I am struggling to get FTTC speeds and tons of lag from my 2.5gbps connection I really hope this port upgrade fixes this because my connection is not stable for streaming 4K and it’s impossible to game on this

Likewise

We’re just waiting for the handover document guys and then we’re good to go!

Thank you genuinely for being so patient. Next port upgrade is already in progress as well, so we won’t run into this issue again.

1 Like

Just seen this thread, is this why my connection has tanked tonight, slow speed and high ping all of a sudden

1 Like

It is and I apologise, but no much longer now I promise.

Unfortunately it’s something that is absolutely necessary and there is never a good time to do it, but we have the next upgrade already in progress :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thanks for the quick response and info, much appreciated

hope this is sorted soon connection is bombing out over the last few days, this graph is only from last night and today. high pings and packet loss galore.

i’m litrally only using sky stream to watch tv at the moment which keeps freezing and locking up the picture, loading webpages are also slow to load

1 Like

As said above it will definitely be sorted soon, we’re just waiting for a handover document and we can activate the new port :slightly_smiling_face:

Yep, shite awful. Enough is enough…

I have 25% - 50% packet loss.

Ping is around the 50 mark,

speed has taken a complete dump.

2 Likes

Called it to a T.

I mean, justifiably? Not sure what point you are trying to make here.